HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- There are designated classes on our schedule that are open to prospective individuals. Simply fill out the Introductory Trial Class form. You will participate in an actual training class with our student body allowing you to experience for yourself the lessons, the culture and the overall experience of our Gym.
CAN I WALK-IN FOR A TRIAL CLASS?
- We strongly urge making an appointment ahead of time to ensure a staff member is available to assist you through the Introductory Lesson. There are days, we keep a lean staff and the coach may not be able to answer your questions, while he is teaching class.
- We make a strong effort to be flexible to walk-ins, but must give priority to Intros who scheduled their appointments ahead of time (it’s only fair). Joining a new gym can be intimidating at times and classes may be in mid-cycle of it’s curriculum and we want to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible in order to benefit from the full experience.
I SUBMITTED A FREE INTRODUCTORY REQUEST FORM, WHAT NEXT?
- You’ll receive a confirmation e-mail that your request has been received. It usually take 2-3 minutes. If you have not received your confirm, please check your junk folder or you may have typo'd when providing your email address
- The confirmation is followed by a reminder e-mail the day before your trial class and an confirmation e-mail on the day of your trial class which will provide you details you’ll need before your visit, including our required elecltronic waiver.
DO I NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE TO PARTICIPATE?
- No experience is required in order to participate in our classes in fact over 90% of our members joined without any experience at all. Our curricullum is structured in such a way that allows novice participants to transition smoothly into our training.
DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT?
- Currently our minimum age requirement is 13 years old but will require an evaluation. This may change as we adapt our program/curriculum to younger athletes.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I REQUIRE?
- You can view it like any sport – for example if you wanted to join a softball team, it’s most likely you’ll need a Softball Mitt, Bowling; a Bowling Ball, etc.
- Some classes will require basic safety gear such as Kickboxing (Boxing Gloves & Shinguards), BJJ (Gi or Kimono) and Fight Simulation class (MMA Gloves) – others such as Submission Grappling, Wrestling and Conditioning only require athletic attire (i.e. shorts and t-shirt). We have them for sale or rent at our gym. Be sure to ask about our new member discounts to save on your gear.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN CLASSES?
- Gracie Combatives and the Self-defense classes typically begin with a 10 minute review session. After the review session, we line up against the wall and are taken through the lesson of the day, followed by partner drills. This is iterated throughout the class with variations of the days lesson.
- Master Cycle classes typically begin with an effective warm-up focusing on “sport-specific” movements and drills. Students will then be led through various positioning and submission drills, progressing to live grappling.
- Kickboxing 101 classes you can expect to work with various types of equipment such as focus mitts, thai pads, and heavy bags, as well as basic strength and conditioning exercises and equipment (medicine ball, kettlebell, jump-rope, ab wheel, etc)
- Kickboxing 201 classes you will be shown striking combinations against your partner. You will drill the combinations and end with a sparring session at the end of each class. This class is transitioned from Kickboxing 101.
- Fight Simulation Training is incorporated in Master Cycle class. It blends Gracie Jiu Jitsu drilling and sparring with striking with the use of MMA protective gloves.
WHAT ARE YOUR MEMBERSHIP RATES?
- We offer varying class packages and monthly subscription programs based on your training program, how often you want to train, how long you enroll, and what payment method you chose. Pricing is discussed in person with a Gym Director. We can discuss this in mor detail with you during your Trial Lesson.